While it’s great to give your clients and staff gifts, don’t overlook another important person this holiday season: yourself. You work hard all year long, sometimes with little recognition. After all, who’s going to pat you on the back when you do a good job? Use this season to give back to yourself. Here’s what you should ask Santa for.
1. Time. Ah, were it that easy to add a few extra hours into each day. It is…but not how you think. You can give yourself the gift of time by delegating more work to others. If you already have staff, hand over more from your own plate. If you’re a solopreneur, hire a part-time employee, a freelancer, or even an intern to lighten your load.
2. The Right Tools. You’ve been using unwieldy spreadsheets to keep track of clients. Or trying to make do with the free version of software. But it’s time to admit: you need more. You don’t want to spend a lot; I get it. But some of the best small business software costs no more than $10 a month. You can afford that, if it makes you more productive, right? Here are a few affordable tools I recommend:
- Customer Relationship Management software (Insightly makes a great one)
- Email marketing software (I like MailChimp)
- Social media management platform (I prefer Hootsuite)