National Small Business Week is here…a time to embrace and celebrate the importance of small businesses to our economic success and our communities.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, “More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business, and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year.”
I’d say that’s something to be proud of. Don’t you agree?
This year’s National Small Business Week began on Sunday, May 1 and will wrap up on Saturday, May 7. That means you still have time to make the most of it.
Not sure how? Here are a few ideas…
- For starters, take advantage of the various special events and learning opportunities the SBA is offering throughout the week. Even if you can’t attend the live events in person, you can watch them in real-time online. You can even join the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtag #DreamSmallBiz. And there are live webinars running all week, too. Tune in to take away knowledge you can use to boost your business. Topics include: Apps and services to grow and manage your business; best practices for getting access to capital and business loans; and tips for making your company financially fit.
- Raise awareness of this special week by printing the official National Small Business Week poster and hanging it at your location for your employees and customers to see it.
- Use your creativity and craft social media updates that encourage people to shop at the small businesses—yours included, of course—in their communities during Small Business Week and all year long.
- Pause to celebrate with a cake or ordering in lunch for your employees to recognize their contributions to your success.
- Offer special deals or promotions throughout the week to grab customers’ interest and motivate them to do business with you. In fact, CorpNet.com has a special promotion running this week…more on that below!
National Small Business Week is especially near and dear to me. At CorpNet, my team and I have the privilege of working with small business owners from all over the U.S. each and every day. There’s nothing more gratifying than watching you make your dreams come true as you start and grow your companies.
A Small Business Week Special To Move Your Business Forward
In honor of this special time, I’m offering 10 percent off of any Complete or Deluxe Corporation or LLC Formation Package. This offer starts today and is valid through the end of National Small Business Week (Saturday, May 7). Simply use promo code CNSMBW when you place your order online or call and give the code over the phone. If you’ve been thinking about starting a business or changing your legal structure, now is a perfect time to do it!
I wish you all a Happy National Small Business Week. I thank you for the significant contribution you make to our economy and communities. And I applaud you for your inspiring entrepreneurial spirit.
Image: Adobe Stock